My baby turned 6, not much of a baby anymore. Not to mention she is going on 20. I have to admit, I was very nervous to have a girl... I am not much of a girl myself, and I had all brothers which only made me less of a girl because I wanted to do everything they were doing (except I gave up tackle football with them earlier on...it just HURT)! But needless to say, she has been a huge blessing in my life and has made me become a little softer around the edges. I LOVE her to death and couldn't think of life without her. I have decided to blog a couple of the funny things she has said lately so I don't forget them.
This one happened in the car the other day. It was just her and I...
Kayla: I wish dad hadn't told me there wasn't Cafe Rio here!
Mom: But there isn't Cafe Rio here.
Kayla: I know, but he broke my heart.
Mom: In between chuckles...Do you know what "break your heart means?"
Kayla: Yes! He made me really really sad! (In the tone of "duh mom")!
Also the first day of school, or should I say the first day of the bus ride to and from school didn't go quite so well for my Elementary school kids. First of all, the bus never picked them up, so I took them (which I wanted to anyway, they just insisted they needed to ride the bus the first day). Their school gets out at 3:45, but they didn't get home until 5:45. For anyone who knows Trevin, you can imagine he was quite upset. I could tell he had been crying when he got off the bus. Anyway, the next day as we were waiting for the bus to pick them up this was the conversation.
Kayla: I told Trevin yesterday on the bus that it would be okay...we would get home.
Trevin: That's because she didn't care if we got home!
Mom: Did you not care if you got home Kayla?
Kayla: Yes! I just didn't want to cry!
Oh the moments as parents, if only we could freeze time and make all moments this way. I also wish sometime that I had a built in camera and video camera in my eyes so I could capture all the moments that mean so much. Most of them seem to happen when I don't have the cameras around.
Happy Birthday Kayla, I love you!
This one happened in the car the other day. It was just her and I...
Kayla: I wish dad hadn't told me there wasn't Cafe Rio here!
Mom: But there isn't Cafe Rio here.
Kayla: I know, but he broke my heart.
Mom: In between chuckles...Do you know what "break your heart means?"
Kayla: Yes! He made me really really sad! (In the tone of "duh mom")!
Also the first day of school, or should I say the first day of the bus ride to and from school didn't go quite so well for my Elementary school kids. First of all, the bus never picked them up, so I took them (which I wanted to anyway, they just insisted they needed to ride the bus the first day). Their school gets out at 3:45, but they didn't get home until 5:45. For anyone who knows Trevin, you can imagine he was quite upset. I could tell he had been crying when he got off the bus. Anyway, the next day as we were waiting for the bus to pick them up this was the conversation.
Kayla: I told Trevin yesterday on the bus that it would be okay...we would get home.
Trevin: That's because she didn't care if we got home!
Mom: Did you not care if you got home Kayla?
Kayla: Yes! I just didn't want to cry!
Oh the moments as parents, if only we could freeze time and make all moments this way. I also wish sometime that I had a built in camera and video camera in my eyes so I could capture all the moments that mean so much. Most of them seem to happen when I don't have the cameras around.
Happy Birthday Kayla, I love you!
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Sweet Kayla! (K- Chaddy, it's about time you posted something beside the puck in the toilet!!! :D) I am loving the trees outside your window---no fair! It looks nice and cool there---still 104+ here :(
Happy BD Kayla! She looks so old in that picture. She sounds like a strong, smart chica like her mommy!
Post a Comment