
Well, my Sunday didn't end in the best possible way last night! I was sitting at the computer when I heard this blood curdling scream! Kysen ran past me down the hall screaming the entire way. He ran to his dad (the nurse) and explain what had happened in an almost non-understanding-talking too fast-please take a breath sort of way. He was trying to open a can of beef a roni's and tried grabbing the lid out and totally sliced his thumb. Poor kid, he wasn't sure what was going to happen. Mind you, this is the kid that has had stitches twice in his forehead and a broken arm and foot. But he exclaimed "those weren't in my hand though." Call me crazy, but I would much rather cut my finger than my head...must of been the shock. Anyway, we get to the doctor and he decides he's just going to try dermabond (an expensive super glue!). He proceeds to tell him it might sting, but it might not. Well Kysen says he wishes he would have eaten before he came because his stomach hurts real bad...all the while, the color is draining from his face. The MA grabs a vomit dish, a cool rag and a cup of water. I ask him if he's okay...he responds, "great I can't hear now". After a bit of a chuckle (I know, I'm mean) he finally empty's his stomach and starts feeling better. I told him on the way to the car that he can no longer make fun of Trevin now (Trevin seems to pass out over everything)! He tells me he hates the feeling of not being able to see and hear and he never wants to feel like that again. But all is well this morning and he was able to go to school, bummed of course that he can't play basketball at recess. But at least he still has his thumb.

2 comments:
Ew! Poor Kid!
yikes. poor kid. I love that superglue.
Post a Comment